When your skin is at its best, you look more beautiful and healthy and you don’t even need to do your make up. It is necessary to take care of your skin every day with easy and simple steps. In this article, we reveal the 5 most important skin care tips that everyone should follow.
5 skin care tips for radiant skin all year around
Read our skin care tips to embrace a new skincare routine.
1) Double cleansing every day
The first two steps of the Korean beauty routine concern double cleansing:
- Step 1: use an oil based makeup remover to remove any trace of make up and allow your skin to breath. If you need advice for a good oil based makeup remover, we suggest All Clean Balm Remover from Heimish which is gentle and leave your skin soft and nourished.
- Step 2: this second step involves a deep cleansing with a low Ph detergent. This will remove all the impurities but at the same time it won’t dry off your skin. One of our favourite products is Green Tea Real Fresh Foam of NEOGEN which is infused of natural goodness coming from the green tea which is well known for its medicinal property.
Make sure you double cleanse at least once a day at the end of your long day when your skin needs more attention. The secret from the Korean model Yoon Young Bae is: "I always use an oil cleanser, because it both cleanses and makes your skin softer. I think proper cleansing is the most important thing for good skin."
2) Exfoliate for regeneration: one of the most ignored skin care tips
Many people consider exfoliating an unnecessary chore, this is very wrong! In fact, peelings are a must to purify your skin and remove dead cells. By exfoliating regularly you will notice an improvement in the look and feel of your skin, it will be more vibrant and luminous. Depending on your skin type and needs, you can select the best peeling for yourself, we recommend to use a light one as this procedure should be carried out at least once a week.
3) Use face masks to address specific skin problems
Using a face mask is not only a nice treat, but it also helps your skin to fight against the most common skin conditions, such as dryness, greasiness and ageing. That’s why you should incorporate masks into your skincare routine at least once a week. Even though the Korean model Sunghee Kim comments: "Most Koreans make sure to apply sheet masks two to three times a week."
Make sure you select good quality masks made mainly with natural ingredients and choose the most suitable for your skin type, you can take a sneak peek at our best K-beauty face masks here.
4) Wear always sunscreen
Even if it’s winter, with no sun, you should wear sunscreen because the dangerous UV rays can penetrate clouds and reach your face. For this reason, you should use sun protection every day before going out with a minimum of 30 SFP.
This is confirmed by the beautiful Korean model Sara Choi:
"I always put on sunscreen, no matter where I go or what I do. Even when I’m not planning on stepping out for the day, I put on sunscreen to maintain my skin tone."
Plus, you can find some sunscreens that contain a lot of nutrients to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
5) Moisturising cream is a must
Moisturising is the most important act of kindness that you can do. Indeed, skin dries very easily and the dryness contributes to the appearance of the signs of age. For this reason, we recommend to moisturise at least twice a day: once in the morning and once in the evening.
What is one of your favourite skin care tips for healthy skin?
Leave a comment, please.